Architectural DesignerFull-time, Permanent
Sobotec Ltd. is a leading supplier & fabricator of architectural metal wall systems with facilities located in Hamilton, Ontario. These wall systems primarily utilize solid aluminum and aluminum composite sheet material in conjunction with extruded aluminum profiles fabricated into wall panels. These panels and various sub-framing and insulation assemblies form custom Sobotec wall systems. These systems are designed for application on various building types throughout North America.
Sobotec Ltd. is presently accepting resumes for a Architectural Designer. This position requires a dynamic and outgoing individual that is well organized and motivated. The successful candidate will have knowledge of AutoCAD, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
- Work in our office (daily hours are 8:00am to 4:30pm), No Remote Work
- Fluent in reading architectural drawings
- Understanding of exterior façade wall design
- Excellent command of AutoCAD, creating 3D drawings and Microsoft Excel
- Willing to learn and design with Solidworks to share information with AutoCAD
- Design and visualization of assemblies
- Understanding of scanning software and interpretation of scans an asset
- Have good oral & written communication skills
- Produce approval and shop fabrication drawings of wall panels & various subparts and assemblies
- Produce bill of material for the various components for production
- Update and/or revise approval or installation drawings per engineering and field information
- Prepare quantity estimates of various materials
- Contract coordination within company departments
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- 8-hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Please Note: We thank all who apply however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please indicate in your application letter.